Friday, March 4, 2011

Strawberry Pineapple Sorbet

I've recently experimented a bit with fruit sorbets. My grandparents treated my family to a non-dairy pina colada sorbet at the Polynesian Cultural Center that was soooo good! My daughter loved it! Great flavor, and creamy. I was inspired to try to figure out how to make something just as nice. Here's one attempt of a sorbet that we enjoyed. It was smooth and creamy and tasted like the strawberry sorbet that went by the side of the pina colada.

Strawberry sorbet with taste of pineapple

Estimated amounts- I didn't measure. You get the concept and can experiment. : ) If I had fresh/frozen peaches on hand, I would add some of them, too.

@1/2 cup coconut cream(liquid not frozen)
@2 cups frozen strawberries
1 T. Orange Juice Concentrate
3-4 cubes ripe fresh pineapple, frozen
1 1/4 c. sugar

Strawberry kiwi is a yummy sorbet flavor. I didn't record what I did last, but it was really good except the kiwis weren't thoroughly ripe, so it had a bite to it. I estimate I used about 2 cups frozen strawberries to 2 kiwis. Then added sugar.

No comments: